If you’re seeking an adventure playground for your next fix of adrenaline pumped thrills, check out what you could get up to on an exhilarating getaway in the mighty Manawatū.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at Arapuke Forest Park, a premiere North Island mountain biking destination. The park offers more than 30km of epic trails, jumps and tracks from Grade Two to Six, with the team at Kahuts Shuttles on hand to take you back to the top after a fast-downhill ride. Being so close to the city, you can wrap up the day with a perfectly brewed pint from local microbrewery, Brew Union and a burger from the best, with prime angus beef from local farmers at the top of the menu.
- Experience one of New Zealand’s most iconic river trips through the spectacular, scenic Manawatū Gorge on board a V8 powered jet boat.
Let the team at Manawatū Gorge Jet take you for the ride of your life as you speed past huge boulders, sheer cliffs, and through shingle chutes that will get your heart racing.
- If you’ve a need for speed, test your racing skills on the track at Manfeild with their V8 Holden Hot Laps or tear up some rubber at Daytona Indoor Racing if you’re after some fun with your mates. If you’re after some spectator sport, make sure to check out the jampacked calendar of Robertson Holden International Speedway events.
- Get off the tracks and head up to Makoura Lodge in northern Manawatū for some extreme off-roading with an Ultimate 4×4 Experience. Take the wheel of one of the 4×4’s under the audited instructors guidance and challenge skills around the purpose-built course.
- If four legs is more your thing, then we have you covered. Take scenic horse trek at Makoura Lodge, with views of the Ruahine Ranges, working farmland, deep valleys below, native bush, waterfalls and rivers. Experience the incredible serenity that can only be found at high altitude at Table Flat Trekking who specialise in small groups of four or less.
- If you crave the salty sea air, check out New Zealand’s premier cable wakeboard park, Off The Loop. Based in Foxton, discover a variety of flat glassy water, ramps and rail slides at our double laned purpose-built location. A new addition to the park is the Aqua Park Obstacle Course, an inflatable playground, that will leave you slipping and sliding the day away.
- For some wind powered fun, discover the art of kite surfing with Wind Warrior kite sports, the only registered kite sports provider in the lower North Island. The founder, owner and head instructor, Glen Butcher is a bit of a legend having been a globally sponsored kite rider for over 14 years and former UK Kite Landboard Champion.
- For something a bit different, try blokarting. Test your land-sailing skills in this unique activity as you race around the course and learn how to sail your speedy stead using the wind as your power source.