Central Economic Development Agency
CEDA is the economic development agency, and regional tourism organisation, for Palmerston North city and Manawatū.
Our work aligns to three strategic pillars of economic development: people, place and business. Our success is underpinned and enabled by the strength of our partnerships with regional and national stakeholders, to ensure best practice, shared insights and collective opportunities can be maximised.
As the Regional Business Partner (RBP) for the Manawatū-Whanganui region, CEDA provides direct support, advice and training capability to businesses.
Ways CEDA can help include:
- Connecting you to professional service providers to assist you with the issues that you are facing e.g. cash flow management, business continuity management and marketing
- Provide you with relevant and up to date information on how and where to access Government support including navigating the Wage Subsidy Scheme, and the recently announced Business Finance Guarantee Scheme
- Assist Māori businesses on Government support available
- Provide you with an experienced Business Mentor to give additional guidance over the next 12 months. Business Mentors come with specific skills and are matched depending on your needs
- Facilitate funding for Research and Development including project grants
CEDA works in partnership with central and local government, including New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, MBIE, MSD, Tourism New Zealand, Education New Zealand, Immigration New Zealand and more. Together we work to facilitate, connect and maximize opportunities for our region, to build economic prosperity and to achieve our vision for Palmerston North city and Manawatū district.
Please note this information should be used as a guide only. To help ensure your safety we advise you review our safety page and contact the individual provider for up to date information on their compliance with all Health and Safety and regulatory requirements.