Since 2012 The Woolshed Tour has been a highlight on rural calendars, bringing a riotous night of entertainment to well over 100 woolsheds from Taumarunui to Tasman to Tuatapere and beyond. Spring 2021 sees the smash-hit Woolshed Tour return with a new double-bill - ‘Life’s a Bitch’ & Mel Parsons. It’s music, it’s comedy, it’s theatre and it’s all rolled into a brilliant and unmissable community night out.
The new theatre/comedy offering ‘Life’s a Bitch’ from comedic duo The Bitches’ Box (Amelia Dunbar and Emma Newborn), alongside award-winning singer songwriter Mel Parsons, will tour 20 shows right across rural North Island. The tour kicks off in Te Puke on September 29th and wraps up in Pirinoa on November 7th.
Each event will start with a fundraising BBQ dinner sponsored by ANZCO Foods and run by the local school or community group - come hungry and support a worthy cause! A licensed cash bar serving Leefield Station wines, and beer will also be open throughout the evening.
6PM - Doors open, cash bar & fundraiser BBQ dinner
7PM - Show starts - Mel Parsons
8PM - Intermission / bar open
8:30PM - Show resumes - ‘Life’s a Bitch’
The Woolshed Tour gratefully acknowledges the support of their touring partners:
Isuzu Utes, ANZCO Foods, Leefield Station, Rural Support Trust, Eventfinda, & Global HQ.
- Please no BYO drinks as we have a fully licensed and deliciously stocked bar at each event.
- Drinking VESSELS - in the interest of being environmentally conscious, we'd love it if you'd bring your own (unbreakable) drinking vessel.
- There will also be branded reusable drinking vessels for sale at the event (or pre-order online with your ticket) if you prefer to purchase one to use on the night and take home.
- Dress warmly for the evening, wool sheds can be drafty - feel free to bring a rug.
- Suitable footwear - gumboots are welcome.
- Leave pooches and all pets at home.
- Please bring cash - we are unable to accept cheques, and due to limited phone coverage we are unable to provide reliable eftpos facilities.
- Please drink responsibly and designate a sober driver in your group.
- Due to shed sizes, tickets are very limited for each show and will sell out fast - it is unlikely there will be door sales.Tickets are only available online at eventfinda.co.nz
The Woolshed Tour is thrilled to be carrying the message of the Rural Support Trust (RST) - a nationwide network which offers free and confidential support during difficult times and/or to those affected by adverse events.
About the Show:
Mel Parsons: Needing little introduction, multi award-winning musician Mel Parsons brings us new songs from her forthcoming album along with plenty of old favourites for good measure. The 2020 VNZMA Folk Artist of the Year is a well-loved fixture on the national and international touring circuit, with a beguiling voice and a disarming line of humour that has won her a very dedicated fanbase.
Life’s a Bitch: The Bitches’ Box (Emma Newborn & Amelia Dunbar) present their new show, Life’s A Bitch. It’s the third instalment in their suite of hilarious, romping comedies, all about life as a dog. What happens when two freedom-camping, Swiss circus dogs break down outside the farm? What do drones, pearls and stock trucks have in common? Don’t worry, these two have thought of it all! The Bitches’ Box have taken their shows from woolsheds to glittering festivals worldwide and are beyond excited to get back to the rural communities that have supported them faithfully for so long now.
If any of the events have to be rescheduled due to Covid-19 Govt. restrictions, all tickets will be refunded in full, with ticket holders having the option to retain and transfer their tickets to rescheduled date. Hand sanitiser, a contact register, and location QR code will be provided at each event. Wearing of masks is strongly encouraged, along with social distancing where possible.
Please note this information should be used as a guide only. To help ensure your safety we advise you review our safety page and contact the individual provider for up to date information on their compliance with all Health and Safety and regulatory requirements.